Monday, October 3, 2016

Cassandra Is A Freshman!


August 29th, the alarm went off early. Cassandra was up even earlier to start curling her hair, but my alarm went off at 5.30 am to make sure that she makes it to the school bus in time, plus helping her out packing lunch, snacks and getting drinks ready. I of course also wanted to take some pictures before she was off.

She was excited, but still a bit nervous to start, but I'm glad that she had gotten to know some of the kids here, and that she had made plans to sit next to one friend already on the bus. That was a big deal of course, not wanting to sit alone or have no one to sit with..

It was a beautiful morning, and I got a bit teary eyed seeing her off, knowing that this is another first. First day of High School! My little girl is a Freshman! I can't believe how fast the time has gone, and it was a painful remainder that she will only have another 4 school years left before going off to a collage somewhere.

My wonderful, amazing, smart, outgoing, caring and beautiful Cassandra! I'm so very proud of you and I love you so much!! I will miss you every day that you are not with me, but I'm so excited to have you come home and tell me about your day.

This day was also the first time tryouts for volleyball, so she would be home later than normal, not back until 6pm. Long day!



 So cute! And happy that her new backpack that we ordered made it in time. 
Shipping to Okinawa isn't always such a sure thing...
Nowhere on island could we find the black Converse backpacks that she wanted.
 

This Freshman came home tired, but very excited. So much to tell me about, she texted me at lunch, and after practice. Everything went well, she had a good day, met new sweet friends, had a great time at tryouts for volleyball. She did feel like it went well, but she would have practice every day for a week after school for more tryouts to see if she made the team or not!

1 comment:

  1. Åh vilken Freshman! Visste ej vad freshman var, men det visste Wikipedia!
    Vilket vackert hår hon har och så vacker hela hon, hoppas det går bra i nya skolan, alltid lite pirrigt. Som mamma blir man också som du säger lite tårögd när något nytt i barnens liv tar vid.
    Tack för grattishälsning till mej på FB!!!!!
    Kram
    Marianne D i Götet

    ReplyDelete