To remember our wedding day is something that brings tears of joy and emotions to my eyes. It was wonderful, romantic and so emotional, and lots of tears of happiness! It was an intimate ceremony, with just our closest friends and family. Not everyone could come and join us for this special day, as family and friends are spread out all over the world. It was very sad that we missed a few people, but we totally understand the reasons to why some couldn't make it. You were all with us in spirit though!! As some of you haven't heard about our wedding, was invited but weren't able to attend or haven't seen any pictures, I thought that I would document our wedding here on the blog as well.
The Chapel is very very small, and that made it so much more intimate and very personal. We were only about 35 people in total so everyone saw everything, everyone heard all the words and it was great having our near and dear so close.
I had gotten ready with my dear friend Linda at the hairdresser that morning, and my mom, my brother and his family were staying in my apartment that night, to be with Cassandra in the morning and to help with the last few things. Chris stayed the last night before the wedding in the hotel, getting ready with his best man and welcoming all our guests to the Chapel and the hotel. Most of our guests traveled far and from other countries and therefore stayed in the hotel.
Around 2 pm, I walked down the isle with my brother Michael. Cassandra was the ring bearer/flower girl and walked in front of us. (Actually I almost had to push her, as she was so shy and covered her eyes while she walked...) Linda, Maid of Honor walked behind us, to straighten out the dress etc.
Chris was already waiting up front with Per, his Best man. It was a great moment when we locked eyes and when I came up to him he took my hand and he didn't let go of my hands for the whole ceremony. Good, as I was both crying and shaking....:) So emotional, and so very happy!
The ceremony was beautiful. The priest did an excellent job, we had asked if he could perform the service in both Swedish and English, and he switched between the languages with no problem. It gave it a very nice touch, as I didn't want our English speaking friends not to understand. Of course it was also nicer if Chris would understand everything and that we took all the major parts of the service in both languages, and the private speech to us from him he did in English. Very very nice, and I'm happy that I have it all on tape, as a good friend, who happens to be a professional videographer that use to film TV shows etc, brought his big camera and filmed the whole wedding! Wonderful to have, and something that I recommend everyone to do!! Can't beat the feeling and the facial expressions from a video plus that it's more up front than any pictures taken from our guests can ever be!
As a special touch to the ceremony, Chris had the idea to give Cassandra a necklace, to symbolize that we now are family, and he had chosen a ring with a diamond in it. Very beautiful and so thoughtful! It was a great way to involve her as a big part of our new family constellation. To make it more special, we both held one end each to close it together around her neck- symbolizing closing the circle, that we are all one family now.
We had also asked for personalized music, and had hired a woman to sing two songs, one in Swedish "Av langtan till dig" Everyone that knows us know that the words to that song is VERY suitable for us! See a translation of the song here. The other song that I choose was in English, "Come what may". Needless to say, beautiful and very powerful words!!!
Walking out seeing all friends and family there sharing our joy was wonderful and we started off with a toast in Champagne outside by the water. Then we had the photographer taking the professional pictures while our guests were mingling until we all went down to the the reception for a wonderful evening together!





No comments:
Post a Comment